Italian Salad Dressing using Vinegar
Italian salad dressing is one of my favorites. Did you know you can make
it at home with just a few common household ingredients?
“Father of Medicine”
(460 BC – 370 BC)
Hippocrates himself was known to have used vinegar as an
energizing tonic and healing elixir.
Here is a simple recipe even I can’t ruin. Made with extra virgin
olive oil and white wine vinegar this salad dressing includes minced
garlic, dried oregano and chopped parsley. (a very healthy combination)
- 1½ cups extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup of white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1½ tsp minced garlic
- 1½ tsp dried oregano
- 1½ tsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground white pepper (or freshly ground black pepper)
Mix ingredients in a blender and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Here is an Apple Cider Vinegar version you might like to try. It works very well on hot pasta.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp to 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning including basil, oregano and rosemary,
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 - 2 Tbsp grated Romano cheese
- Optional - Salt to taste (try sea salt)
If you want you can fiddle with the ingredients to create your own special recipe. Let us know what worked for you.
Return HOME From Italian Salad Dressing
Return to Vinaigrette Recipes
Essential Oils - God's Gift to You
If you have enjoyed www.vinegar-home-remedies.com perhaps you would be interested in my other site www.essential-oil-remedies.com
If you found this information helpful please share it ...